The practice of Drs. Sellke & Reily provides retainers to help your teeth maintain their positions following braces or other straightening treatments. Give us a call to learn more about retainers in Antioch, Grayslake, and Gurnee, Illinois, and to schedule your appointment with our experienced orthodontists.
Designer Upper Retainers
We have many varieties of colors and styles of retainers for our patients to choose from so your retainer can reflect your unique style. (Retainer designs may vary slightly depending on your palate size and shape.)
Stickers or decals can be added to these to allow for even more variety. You may choose from any of the following colors and our variety of decals, or bring in your own sticker decal the size of a quarter or smaller and we will endeavor to incorporate it into your unique retainer! (Decal size and colors may vary).
There are several things you need to do in order to maintain your retainers. We have included the following instructions to help you take care of your appliance:
- Wear your retainers full time, until the doctor instructs otherwise.
- Wear your upper retainer when eating! (Most appliances are lost in school lunchrooms or restaurants.)
- Clean retainers thoroughly once a day with a toothbrush. Use warm but not hot water. Brushing retainers removes the plaque and eliminates odors. Efferdent® or other orthodontic appliance cleaners can be used but do not take the place of brushing.
- When retainers are not in your mouth they should ALWAYS be in a retainer case. Pets love to chew on them!
- Initially, you may find it difficult to speak. Practice speaking, reading, or singing out loud to get used to them faster.
- Retainers are breakable, so treat them with care. If retainers are lost or broken, call us immediately.
- If you have any questions or concerns about your retainers, or your retainers need adjusting, call us. Do not try to adjust them yourself.
- Always bring your retainers to your appointments.
- Retainer replacement is expensive … with proper care they will last for years!
- Keep retainers away from hot water, pockets, hot car dashboards, sunny windowsills, the washing and drying machines, any type of oven and napkins.
If you have any questions about your retainer, or need to schedule an appointment with Dr. Sellke or Dr. Reily, please contact our office.
Lower Retainer Options
Drs. Sellke & Reily features both removable and non-removable lower retainers. We invite you to call our office and schedule a consultation with our orthodontists to determine which option is the best for you.